The Loan Process
Before you can go out looking for the home of your dreams, it is important that you qualify for a loan. We know that the loan process can be confusing, so we put together these videos to help you understand the process.
Step 1 - Documentation
Step 2 - Appraisal
Step 3 - Underwriting
Step 4 - Clear to Close
Step 5 - Congratulations
Do's and Don'ts
Here is a list of useful tips to ensure an effortless loan process. These DO's and DON'Ts will help you avoid any delays and costly challenges with your loan approval.
- DO call us if you have any questions.
- DO provide requested documentation promptly and in its entirety.
- DO continue living at your current residence.
- DO continue making your mortgage or rent payments.
- DO continue to use your credit as normal.
- DO keep working at your current employer.
- DO keep your same insurance company.
- DO stay current on all existing accounts.
- DON’T change your employment or marital status.
- DON’T make any major purchases (car, furniture, jewelry, etc.).
- DON’T change bank accounts.
- DON’T make any large cash deposits into your bank accounts.
- DON’T transfer any balances from one account to another.
- DON’T close any credit card accounts.
- DON’T consolidate your debt onto one or two credit cards.
- DON’T apply for new credit or open a new credit card.
- DON’T max out or overcharge on your credit card accounts.
- DON’T take out a new loan or co-sign on a loan.
- DON’T pay off any loans or credit cards, charge offs, or collections without discussing it with us first.
- DON’T finance any elective medical procedure.
- DON’T join a new fitness club.
- DON’T open a new cellular phone account.
- DON’T start any home improvement projects.
- DON’T have your credit pulled or dispute any information on your credit report.